LEVEL-I LEARNER’S LICENSE
- MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS OLD
- MUST HAVE SEGMENT-I CERTIFICATE
- MUST HAVE A COPY OF HIS/HER BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE ON APPLICATION
- PASS VISION SCREENING
- OBTAIN LEVEL-I LICENSE AT SECRETARY OF STATE
PRIVILEGE: May only drive with licensed parent/ legal guardian or designated adult 21 years of age or older.
- TEEN MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OLD
- POSSESS A LEVEL – I LICENSE FOR MINIMUM 90 DAYS
- MUST HAVE A SEGMENT – II CERTIFICATE
- PASS ROAD SKILLS TEST
- MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF 30 HOURS OF DRIVING EXPERIENCE (10 HOURS AT NIGHT). MUST BRING PRINTED COPY LOG OR WILL NOT BE ABLE TO START THE CLASS
- MUST NOT HAVE ANY VIOLATIONS OR AT FAULT ACCIDENTS DURING THE 90 DAYS PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR A LEVEL-II LICENSE.
- PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE ON APPLICATION TO OBTAIN LEVEL – II LICENSE AT SOS
PRIVILEGE: During the hours of midnight and 5 a.m teens must be accompanied by a licensed adult 21 years old or older. Other than these times, teens may drive unsupervised.
- TEEN MUST BE AT LEAST 17 YEARS OLD
- POSSESS A LEVEL – II LICENSE FOR 180 DAYS
- MUST NOT HAVE ANY VIOLATIONS OR FAULT ACCIDENTS FOR 12 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR A LEVEL III LICENSE.
- RECEIVE LEVEL -III LICENSE BY MAIL. NO RESTRICTIONS, FULL PRIVILEGES.
THE GRADUATE DRIVER LICENSING PROGRAM (GDL) REQUIRES TEENS TO COMPLETE SEGMENT – I, SEGMENT – II CLASSES AND PASS A ROAD SKILLS TEST TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A MICHIGAN DRIVER’S LICENSE.
Teens must be at least 14 years and 8 months old to enroll in the class. Segment – I classes consist of 24 hours of classroom learning, 4 hours of observation in the training vehicle and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. Teens must successfully complete segment – I to apply for a Michigan level – I license or learners permit. Behind the wheel training is outside of classroom hours.
Must bring ORIGINAL birth certificate, and picture ID (passport, state ID, or school ID), with accompanying parent/legal guardian’s state issued ID or passport.
- All parents and students must read and agree to the terms stated in the contract before registering for class.
- Please read and print the appropriate documents. Please have them filled out and ready for the first day of class.